Sunday, 28 February 2010

The Low Light, North Shields

.

.
The Low Light was built, in conjunction with a similar building called the High Light, in 1802 as a navigation aid to help vessels enter the River Tyne safely past some dangerous rocks known as the Black Middens. Both buildings are now private residences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget